In the many years since graduating from law school, Renee has developed her legal skills as well as her life skills. She practiced for several years in general casualty litigation, worker’s compensation, employer’s liability, products liability, environmental law and property and subrogation. After taking a few years off to raise a family and chair various fundraisers and philanthropic endeavors, she returned to the practice of law with maturity, life experiences, a renewed enthusiasm and perspective. She understands the importance of working within a budget, efficiently and effectively. And while she is responsive to her clients’ goals, she guides them, when practical, in more economical or mindful directions to reach their goals.
Renee was selected for inclusion in the 2016 “Top Lawyer” in New Orleans Magazine.
In addition to raising three children, Renee enjoys yoga, tennis, cooking and gardening. She is also an active volunteer with the Second Harvester Food Bank of New Orleans.
Areas of Practice
- Employer’s Liability/Workers’ Compensation
- Environmental and Toxic Tort
- Class Action/Mass Tort
- Transportation and Trucking
- Bad-Faith/Extra-Contractual Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- B.A., University of Texas, at Austin (1989)
- Juris Doctor, Honors, Moot Court Board, University of Maryland, Carey School of Law (1992)
- All Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Western and Middle Districts, Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Williams v. Zurich American Ins. Co., 2016 WL 6999474, –F.Supp.–( W.D. La. 11/29/16)
- Lorden v. Paramount Healthcare Consultants, LLC 2016-358 –So.3rd—(La. App. 3 Cir. 11/2/16)
- Castille v. Blum, 2015-742; 188 So.3rd 362 (La, App. 3rd Cir. 3/16/16)
- Fernandez v.Hand Construction, et al, 2015-CA-0612; 194 So.2d 1149 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2015).
- Antrainer v. Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., 97-1554 712 So.2d 590 (La. App. 1 Cir 1998)
- Rareshide v. Mobil Oil Corp.,97-1376 719 So. 2d 494 (la. App. 4 Cir. 1998)
- Insurance Co. of North America v. West of England, 890 F. Supp. 1302 (E.D. La 1995)
- Ancelot v. National RR Passenger Corp 913 F. Supp. 968 (E.D. La. 1995)
- Freeport McMoRan Resources v. Kremco, Inc., 827 F. Supp. 1248 (E.D. La 1993)