As a Member of Melchiode, Marks, King, Jennifer is recognized as a Top Civil Litigation attorney in Louisiana, NOLA Top Lawyer as recognized by New Orleans Magazine, Louisiana Rising Star (2013-2019), and Louisiana SuperLawyer, 2021.
Jennifer frequently speaks as a presenter for CLE requirements, lectures on various topics, and conducts training seminars for her clients, around the country. Jennifer maintains a diverse civil defense practice, ranging from sexual harassment defense, insurance defense, construction, entertainment law, first party property, corporate litigation, subrogation, collections, commercial and general liability and workers’ compensation. On behalf of her clients, Jennifer has secured various dismissals on motions alone and successfully mediated a multitude of matters ranging from property damages to cases which have included serious bodily injury. Further, Jennifer has won multiple decisions through oral argument on the appeals court level and has obtained full zero-defense verdicts at trial.
Upon admission to the bar, Jennifer had the unique opportunity to serve as an Assistant Attorney General for the Louisiana Department of Justice and aiding the state of Louisiana, and its various state figures, with the U.S. Congressional investigation of the handling of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, as well as serving as an AAG throughout the state.
Jennifer also serves as the head of the Diversity Committee at MMK.
Jennifer enjoys indulging in all of the events New Orleans has to offer, including music and food festivals, wonderful restaurants, unique shops and hidden charms of the city. Jennifer lives on the Northshore with her family, so she is able to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Areas of Practice
- Bad-Faith/Extra-Contractual Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- First-Party Property
- Insurance Defense
- Product Liability
- Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality
- Employer’s Liability/Sexual Harassment Defense
- B.A., Southeastern Louisiana University (2002)
- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Southern University Law Center (2005)
- All Louisiana local, state, and federal courts
- Louisiana United States District Courts – Eastern, Western, Middle District of Louisiana
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- National Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
← All Team Members