In the many years since graduating from law school, Renee has developed her legal skills as well as her life skills. She practiced for several years in general casualty litigation, worker’s compensation, employer’s liability, products liability, environmental law and property and subrogation. After taking a few years off to raise a family and chair various fundraisers and philanthropic endeavors, she returned to the practice of law with maturity, life experiences, a renewed enthusiasm and perspective. She understands the importance of working within a budget, efficiently and effectively. And while she is responsive to her clients’ goals, she guides them, when practical, in more economical or mindful directions to reach their goals.
Renee was selected for inclusion in the 2016 and 2017 “Top Lawyer” in New Orleans Magazine.
In addition to raising three children, Renee enjoys yoga, tennis, cooking and gardening. She is also an active volunteer with the Second Harvest Food Bank of New Orleans.
Areas of Practice
- Employer’s Liability/Workers’ Compensation
- Appeals/Appellate Litigation
- Class Action/Mass Tort
- Commercial Litigation
- B.A., University of Texas, at Austin (1989)
- Juris Doctor, Honors, Moot Court Board, University of Maryland, Carey School of Law (1992)
- All Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Western and Middle Districts, Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Jacobs v. The Oath for Louisiana, Inc., 2016-CA-1060 (La. App. 4 Cir., June 22, 2017), 221 So. 3rd 241, rehearing denied (July 27, 2017), writ denied, 229 So.3rd 926 (La. Nov. 13, 2017) cert denied –S.Ct.—2018 WL 92871 La, May 29, 2018.
- Castille v. Apache Deepwater, LLC, USDC, W.D. of Louisiana, March 20, 2018 2018 WL 1415695
- Williams v. Zurich American Ins. Co., 2016 WL 6999474, –F.Supp.–( W.D. La. 11/29/16)
- Lorden v. Paramount Healthcare Consultants, LLC, 2016-358 –So.3rd—(La. App. 3 Cir. 11/2/16)
- Castille v. Blum, 2015-742; 188 So.3rd 362 (La, App. 3rd Cir. 3/16/16)
- Fernandez v.Hand Construction, et al, 2015-CA-0612; 194 So.2d 1149 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2015).
- Antrainer v. Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., 97-1554 712 So.2d 590 (La. App. 1 Cir 1998)
- Rareshide v. Mobil Oil Corp.,97-1376 719 So. 2d 494 (la. App. 4 Cir. 1998)
- Insurance Co. of North America v. West of England, 890 F. Supp. 1302 (E.D. La 1995)
- Ancelot v. National RR Passenger Corp, 913 F. Supp. 968 (E.D. La. 1995)
- Freeport McMoRan Resources v. Kremco, Inc., 827 F. Supp. 1248 (E.D. La 1993)